I am an experienced workshop facilitator, running workshops since I was just 15 years old.
Having taught people of all ages and backgrounds in groups as big as 80 drummers I have the ability to lead a group with clarity whilst making it fun and inclusive for all. My experience is mainly working with people aged 8 and over from a base level beginner at music right up to professional musicians.
My classes can help with a wide range of projects such as:
- Community Groups, bespoke classes for your samba band, community group/organisation.
- Team building, Samba drumming and/or body percussion make for excellent team-building using the vehicle of music to work together, listen to one another and learn together. Suitable for corporate and community level learning.
- School Programmes, One-off workshops or even ongoing work for your school as an alternative activity to help young people achieve the aims of Curriculum for Excellence.
- Higher Education, This could be a single or a series of workshops to dive deep with music students in music styles and techniques from Brazil in an authentic way covering percussion and vocals.
- Tailored music projects, Always available to chat about collaborating in all kinds of community music projects in the UK (and further afield) As well as running projects for any group size at any ability.
Schools I have worked with include:
Preston Street Primary School - Regular group drumming teacher.
Merchiston Castle School (working with The Edinburgh Samba School)
Kaimes School (working with Tinderbox Projects)
Brunstane Primary School + Portobello High school (working with Oi Musica)
Teaching some Forró rhythms to dancers in May 2017
Happy workshop clients have said:
"Jordan is bursting full of energy and enthusiasm for his craft. He shared such a lot in the short workshop we had with him, and by the end the group had a new arrangement to enjoy playing together to celebrate their musical achievements to date in our project. He was great with every age in the room (8-18) and brought out the best in every player with plenty of praise and personal attention. His journey from young community drummer to emerging workshop facilitator has been a pleasure to watch, and we're excited to work with him again in future!" - Holly Prest, Director of Jubacana.
"Inspiration using rhythm, took the kids to another level" Parent of workshop participant 2018
Directing a performance of beginner level drummers I taught in 2017